Cyberpunk blends elements of science fiction, political dystopias, action, and adventure and has submerged itself into the hearts and minds of many young gamers. This addicting and dynamic game has smashed many records. But, many users have raised complaints regarding the configurational issues such as Cyberpunk 2077 not using GPU on the PC version.
Although it has been praised for narratives, settings, and graphics, its gameplay elements, AI limitations, and technical issues received criticism at launch. But worry not! Here are few settings you can toggle off to improve performance and have the best gaming experience with a high adrenaline rush.
Cyberpunk 2077 Not Using GPU – Fix
Here’re a few methods to fix the issue of Cyberpunk.
- First, go to the game’s folder and select Engine. This opens several tabs from where you have to select Config and then open Memory_pool_budgets.csv in Wordpad.
- Reduce the PoolCPU value to half of what your RAM is, leaving 4GB for Windows to run.
- Make sure the value of the PoolGPU field is the same as how much VRAM you have.
- Save your document and proceed with the game for notable and desired changes.
- Install DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) as well as the latest NVIDIA drivers.
- Make sure the installed NVIDIA drivers are placed in a folder that is easily accessible.
- Uninstall your graphic drivers with the help of DDU in a safe way. Be careful of your NVIDIA settings as it may get deleted.
- Restart your PC before installing the new drivers.
- Install the new NVIDIA drives through the custom install.
- Restart your PC one more time, and you are now ready to continue the game from where you left off but with better graphics and performance.
This is a quick and easy one-step process for all gaming users. All you need to do is turn down the values of Cascaded Shadows Range and Cascaded Shadows Resolution to either medium or low in order to boost a few frames per second. If you’re using an NVIDIA RTX card, make sure to turn on DLSS as well, and turn off features like chromatic aberration and film grain. Easy isn’t it?
Also, See :
Final Thought :
These are a few quick ways to fix the issue of Cyberpunk 2077 not using GPU, but an official fix from the company’s side is still on hold. Meanwhile, follow these steps carefully to see the game leverage all logic cores and to have a top-notch gaming experience.