How to Uninstall and Reinstall Minecraft?
Minecraft has been a revolutionary game in current times. Minecraft is a virtual open-world video game where players can dig, build, mine, and enchant things. The same potential in the game and made worldwide acclaim is an enormous milestone in the gaming community. Creating towns, arenas, cities, and even entire worlds has never been more engaging!
Whether your old computer is starting to give out, you are switching computers, or you want to take your Minecraft to your next PC, you’ll want to know how to reinstall Minecraft properly.
I’ll tell you How to Uninstall and Reinstall Minecraft? Windows 10 it without further ado during this article. If you need an excellent start to the game, we will describe how you can do that.
How to Uninstall and Reinstall Minecraft?
To beginners, you should remember that there are many techniques you can learn how to delete Minecraft, but in this article, we will discuss precisely how we prefer to do it. A simplistic, easy, and effective way.
Note: To reinstall Minecraft easily, it is important not to delete or remove the launcher file (with the “.exe” extension). It is the file you use to start the game. Your launcher does not contain any data by itself, and we’ll need it later. If you have already or unexpectedly deleted the launcher, you can go to the official Minecraft website and download it again.
Hither is an easy step-by-step guide on how this works.
1. To begin, we are going to delete Minecraft. Open up your command runner in Windows by pressing the Windows key and the “R” button;
2. Type in “%appdata%” (you can copy and paste this command without the speech marks). After you hit the “Enter” key, you’ll enter into what’s known as the “Roaming” folder;
3. Inside the folder, navigate to the file or the app you are trying to reinstall. Since we are looking to uninstall Minecraft for now, open up that folder completely;
4. Hither is where you can prevent your worlds from being deleted. Find the folder named “saves” and copy it anywhere out of “Roaming” (the “Desktop” is recommended so that it is easy to explore later). It’ll help us recover data once we reinstall Minecraft;
5. Turn to the “Roaming” folder and delete the folder for Minecraft;
6. Run your Minecraft launcher. In case you accidentally remove it, you can download it again from the official Minecraft website as mentioned above;
7. Follow the easy on-screen instructions and wait for the installation process to finish;
8. The game may launch automatically once it is finished installing. Close the launcher. First, we’re going to recover your previous worlds;
9. Copy and Paste the “Saves” folder into the Minecraft folder in the “Roaming” directory. If you have already closed this, you can open it up again. Apply to Step 2. You’ll be prompted by Windows for a confirmation asking if you want to overwrite the files. Say yes to everything;
10. Launch the game.
Regards! You’ve now discovered how to uninstall Minecraft on Windows 10, and then reinstall it without wasting any of your data! Of course, the system works differently if you see to delete Minecraft on a Mac or another platform.
Effects of uninstalling Minecraft delete worlds?
You probably be worried about that, but the answer is no! At least, not with the method we mentioned.
Different ways to Reinstall Minecraft
We discussed earlier that there are numerous ways you can learn how to reinstall Minecraft. If you do not like our chosen method, here are some other techniques you can accomplish the same task:
Completely uninstall Minecraft: If you are looking for a fresh start, then you do not need the hassle of saving your files. You can access the control panel on Windows 10 and go to “Uninstall a program.” This menu can also be directly located and opened form the search box. Once the pop-up menu is shown, find the app then double-click to uninstall Minecraft. Afterward, you can download and reinstall it from the official website or another source.
Uninstaller Apps: You can even use third-party apps to delete Minecraft from your PC. The most famous apps like CCleaner have their navigation menus where you can find options to uninstall Minecraft. Most anti-virus software has this feature, so all you need to do is explore a little.
There are lots of steps and ways to uninstall and reinstall Minecraft. No matter which one you want, you will end up with a new app ready for your unique skills to be explored.
To repeat, now that you know how you reinstall Minecraft, there is no need to worried about wasting data if you follow the mentioned steps. Uninstalling Minecraft doesn’t necessarily delete any of your progress in the game both. You can take to create a copy of your saved data in the game at any point, and use it next to restore your data.
If this guide about How to Uninstall and Reinstall Minecraft? Helped you then let me know please in the comments section. 😉