How To Fix Microsoft Sudoku Not Saving Progress
Microsoft Sudoku is the most popular game among Windows 10 users. Well, OK, no being famous as the classic Solitaire game, still relatively close.
Regrettably, MS Sudoku may sometimes fail to save your progress. This is a pretty frustrating issue, mainly if you’re playing on a high-pressure level.
If Microsoft Sudoku Won’t save Progress
Verify If This Is a Known Issue
If Microsoft Sudoku no more running saves your game, verify if is this is a known difficulty. There have been quite some such episodes over the years. The most current one dates from November 2020. Microsoft agreed to roll out a fix in early 2021. But, at the time of writing, this is yet an ongoing issue. In other words, longer than two months have passed, and Microsoft yet hasn’t fixed the game.
Uninstall Recent Updates
If the problem happened quickly after you installed the latest Windows 10 updates, uninstall them.
- Open this Control Panel and go to Programs and Features.
- Click on Installed Updates.
- Choose the update(s) you want to delete.
- Hit the Uninstall button.
- Disable Windows Update to check the OS from installing the updates again. Utilize this step-by-step guide to get the job done.
- Restart your computer. Launch Microsoft Sudoku and verify if you can save your game progress.
Set Your Date Back
If you fix your date and time settings back before the day this issue happened, you should be ready to complete that month’s challenges.
- Move to Date and Time settings and toggle off Set time automatically.
- Below Set the date and time manually. Click on this Change button.
- Set your date back and use the changes.
- Launch Sudoku.
Did you find different methods to fix Microsoft Sudoku’s progress saving issues? Let us know in the comments here.